Feb 20, 2013

My first Birchbox!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I finally subscribed to Birchbox at the beginning of the month, and I received my first one yesterday! I've seen some negative things that people have been saying about the program lately, mostly that the quality/size/amount of the products offered has decreased and that it's not that great anymore. But, I figured I would still go ahead and give it a try since you can cancel at any point.




I will admit...at first, there was a little bit of a let down when I opened the box (I think because I was expecting one from what I'd been hearing!) I mean, in all honesty, for $10, this isn't very much. These samples are pretty small..but I will give it another month or so.




1. Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tent - I was really hesitant about this at first because of the 'Bronze' color noted on the outside of the bottle...I was afraid I was way to pale right now for any sort of tinted anything! But after applying...it actually blended in quite nicely! It did give me a little bit of a glow, which I haven't seen on my skin in months! HA. But with a little blending, and the long sleeves and layers I was wearing today, you didn't notice that I was really a few shades lighter than I looked! Probably the only issue, and I think this goes with any tinted moisturizer I've ever tried, is that my skin is extremely dry this time of year and I need something a little thicker to really help my skin out. But in another month or so, this product will be awesome!

2. Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle - Not gonna lie, I was excited about this one. I go back and forth between curly and straight hair, and it has gotten ridiculously long, so I actually bought a detangler a few months ago. And let me tell you...detanglers for adults are hard to find. I found plenty with strawberry-watermelon, no more tears, in dinosaur shaped containers for kids. But not much for me. This product claims to do a lot, including healing your hair and taming frizz. As for the detangle part...it works. As for the rest, I don't know...I immediately put my hair in a ponytail after I dried it, so I'll have to decide on all the rest later!

3. Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator - I forgot to put this in my shower this morning, so I didn't get to use it. But I'm definitely excited to try it tomorrow morning with all this dry skin I have going on. It claims to have professional-grade ingredients, so we shall see!

4. Votivo Pink Mimosa Candle - Ok, I am obsessed with the White Barn candle line at Bath and Body Works. I just have never found a line that has as many scents that I like love, and that smell so intensely and for so long. And this one just didn't do the trick. It was a very faint smell, and I wasn't really crazy about it. So, I wasn't a fan of this and won't be purchasing one.

5. Harvey Prince Eau Flirt - I am not the kind of girl that switches up scents constantly...I have a few tried-and-true ones that I stay with, so this one has a tough act to follow. And since I was off today and just left the house to go for a run, I haven't used it.

6. Ghirardelli Milk and Caramel - I mean does this even need a review?! It's chocolate. With caramel inside. Enough said!

Did you get a Birchbox this month? If so, what did you think about what was inside??

No comments:

Post a Comment