Mar 11, 2013

My [uneventful] Weekend [with pretty much no] Shenanigans



As my extremely long post title explains, this weekend was kinda lame. Not going to lie. And since it was so lame, I have no pretty pictures to share with you guys. I'm sorry. I promise to work on remembering to take more pics so my blog isn't just a lot of words. Because that's no fun.

I spend most of my weekends working, but during the week I usually have a few days off. So of course when I do, I go visit my boyfriend, B. It was his spring break week, but he had to work, so we stuck around Athens and hung out every day when he got off.

Friday he got off early, so we had a nice late-afternoon nap before dinner. We wanted to try out Herschel Walker's new place downtown, but even though it was the beginning of UGA's spring break week, there was still a super long wait. B was craving some wings, so we wondered around until we found Dirty Birds, another new wing place that opened up in the old Wild Wings space. The food here was a little bit pricey for wings I thought, but they were surprisingly yummy! I had the Garlic Parm and Dirty Ranch (buffalo and ranch sauce mixed together..yum!) and both were very tasty. The old WW space is awesome, so I really hope this place does well and lasts there!

Saturday morning, B and I both had to be up bright and early for work. He had to go into the office for a few hours, and I was leaving to head to Buckhead to do a few tastings for my internship. So my day consisted of hanging out in a liquor store begging people to try our product, and then doing it again at Whole Foods for awhile. Not that fun. Then I headed home to have dinner with my parents at our favorite Mexican restaurant. And then I think I was in bed before 11...Saturday nights when you move away from college are so exciting, right?!

Sunday morning I had to be up early to work again, this time at the bar. I have had the pleasure of opening almost every Sunday from Day 1 of the restaurant. But because of recent events, it was also my last Sunday (or any day) working there. I got home around 7:30, had a little dinner, watched the new episode of Revenge, and called it a night.

Exhilarating weekend, right?!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a productive weekend though! I didn't even know Herschel Walker opened up a place. Keeping that in mind for fall trips to Athens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just opened in the fall I think...if I ever get to try it out, I'll be sure to do a post about how it is!

      Delete