Mar 18, 2013

St.Patty's Weekend Shenanigans

The struggle is real today, y'all. I have no idea why it's so bad, but it is. Like, this bad...



Now don't get me wrong, I love Starbucks. But I try to stay away from there. Mainly to control my obsession. And because it can get expensive. I try to be happy with my few-cents-a-cup coffee at home. And because holy calories. I don't like just straight coffee, and I always get something flavored that's loaded with who knows what. But today it was a necessary evil splurge.

Ok, I know everyone knows about Google Reader closing blah blah blah. But I felt it necessary to join the crowds and tell you to go follow me on Bloglovin' with the link below, or by clicking on the little heart over where all my links are. 

Follow on Bloglovin

Now, on to the fun stuff. My weekend shenanigans time. 


I spent a few days last week in Athens with B, but I had to work Saturday and wasn't planning on going back to Athens after. But a little begging from a few friends had me changing my mind when I realized it would be super lame if I missed out on the all the fun. (Not to mention this post would have been super boring...again.)

I don't know if y'all noticed or not, but this weekend was absolutely gorgeous. B worked until around 2 on Friday, and we decided there was no way we were wasting that amazing day inside. We met downtown so I could do a little shopping (since I had no clue I was staying all weekend when I went, I had nothing but t-shirts and comfy clothes because we had no plans-big mistake-so I was in desperate need of a cute top for Saturday night!) After finding the perfect green shirt, which I have no pictures of, we wandered around to a few of our other favorite stores. When our parking meters expired, we left and headed to 'the fish store.' B wants to have a fish tank in his house, but he doesn't really have the time to devote to starting one up (or the money--of course we want a saltwater tank!) So instead, we just like to wander around the fish store and pick out all the things we want. I want a lot of live coral. It's amazing. 

Afterwards, it was getting close to dinner time, so we headed back downtown. We stopped by our favorite bar, Magnolia's, to see our friend that was working and have a drink before dinner. I decided since the weather was so nice, I would bring back one of my favorite summertime drinks, and oh. my. gosh. I forgot how good it was! A little Bacardi Dragon Berry with Sprite and a splash of cranberry = summertime in a glass. So delicious. After a drink, we headed over to Dirty Birds for the second Friday in a row, and had some more of their awesome wings.


Dirty Birds' menu, my awesome Dragon Berry drink, my Dirty Ranch and Garlic Parm wings.

Afterwards, we realized some of our friends were eating there too, so we joined them for more rounds of drinks and a few games of pool. We finally called it a night around midnight (since we had basically been out playing since 2 that afternoon!) But it was a super fun day and I want that weather back..now!!

Saturday morning we both had to be up early...I had to head to work, and B was headed home for the day to see his dad's new boat. Which they ended up taking out on the water. Super jealous. 


The new boat.

I did some boring promo work in Atlanta, and then headed back to Athens for the St. Patrick's Day festivities. We had lots of fun, and I took zero pictures. Oops. We went to a cd release party at 40 Watt (some people B and my best friend, Sam, grew up with played in the band) and it was basically a big redneck high school reunion for them. They were both reminded why they are so thankful that they moved away for school and got out of that small town--I know that feeling! After the show, we barhopped for awhile and wound up at The Grill until about 3am. All I have to say about that is feta fries. Oh man. Unfortunately, my drunk self apparently didn't see the need to document these, but let me tell you, they're to die for. Especially when you are not sober. I haven't had one of those nights in a long time, and it was so much fun!

Sunday we slept in as long as we possibly could, and then headed to brunch at Porterhouse for their famous brunch buffet. Neither of us had ever been, but everyone told us it was a must. And they were right! They had everything you could want for breakfast, including omelettes and pancakes made right in front of you. Then they also had lunch selections, including a roast, fried chicken, meatloaf, salmon, and more. We ate until we hurt. No joke. Then we went home and were super lazy all day. Well, until we went to dinner at Square One...where we ate until we hurt again. So that was literally all our day consisted of--food. And it was pretty much the best day ever.


The kitchen area at Square One, the view outside to the awesome patio...to bad it wasn't quite warm enough to enjoy it.

OH WAIT. I forgot something super important and awesome. At some point Friday in our wanderings, we stopped by the gas station to get something to drink. While paying, B decided he wanted a lottery ticket. He had no cash, so I handed over $5, and we got some random scratch off that the cashier picked out. We checked it when we got back in the car, and we won a ticket..woo. So B ran in and grabbed our free one, but we never checked it. We actually forgot about it until Saturday morning. When B saw it and scratched it off, he started getting super excited and I had no idea why. When I finally got him to actually form words, he said we won $500. For real. I had to see it with my own eyes, but he was right. We were both stupid excited. I mean, I never win anything. So yeah, it was great. 


The winning ticket.

So, there's my super long recap of my weekend. But hey, at least it was more interesting than last weekend!




2 comments:

  1. Fun weekend! And how awesome on the scratch ticket! I never buy them but every once in a while the urge strikes and I'm super excited over, say, a free lottery ticket. #Lame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never think about buying them either...thankfully my bf had the bright idea! It does make me want to play more, though (which is probably not a good idea..ha).

      Delete