Apr 8, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans, and more...



My weekend shenanigans....here they are...are you ready for this craziness...??!









Yeah, that's right. NOTHING. 

Ok, it wasn't that bad. I did have a few things going on, but I'm mostly saving up for this weekend. But more on that later.

So first, Friday. I helped my family pack. For the beach. Which they're going to without me. The worst form of punishment ever. So depressing.

Saturday, they left for the beach. I cried. Then I went to work. I had a few places I had to go do tastings at...nothing major, just boring. Then I went home, and changed my brakes. No, not by myself. I 'assisted' while my step-dad did them.

And then...the scariest moment of my life. Or at least really, really close to it.

Usually after my step-dad works on my car, he immediately takes it for a quick test-drive around the 'hood. Except Saturday we got distracted...my mom called to check in because they had just gotten to the beach. So after talking to her, we decided to run some errands. My step-dad had to move his truck (which had a really big enclosed trailer attached) so I could get out of the driveway. While waiting on him to move, I crank my car, put my foot on the brake, and put it in reverse so I can be ready to back up and pick him up at the end of the driveway.

But y'all. My brakes didn't work.

My car immediately started rolling backwards when I put it in reverse, even though my foot was on the brakes. So I started slamming my foot down on the brakes, and nothing.

I couldn't stop. But my heart just about did.

I was terrified I was going to roll right into the car behind me, (my brother's girlfriend's car, who was also gone to the beach with my fam) which is way newer than mine.

I even clearly remember at one point in the 5 or so seconds this happened, that I looked down at my feet to make sure I was actually pressing the brake since nothing was happening.

Finally, I had the bright idea to pull the emergency brake. (No, I never thought to throw it back in park...)

But then, my emergency brake didn't stop me right away, either.

Soooo...I ran into the trailer attached to my dad's truck that wasn't completely out of the way yet.

Thankfully, I didn't hit his truck. But I did manage to hit the part of the trailer that was covered in that diamond-plate metal stuff.



You know this stuff, right?

And it scratched my car to hell and back. I can't bear to put a picture of it up. I don't want to look at it. :(

So, just a word of advice...whenever you get your brakes changed, you have to pump them a while to get the brake fluid back in the line to make them work again. Who knew?!

(Ok, my step-dad did know, he just didn't think to tell me since didn't take my car for a test drive, and he felt sooooooooooo bad!)

I found out last minute that I didn't have to work Sunday night, so I decided to head to Athens a little earlier than planned to spend the day with my boyfriend. We very rarely get lazy Sunday's together. We headed to our favorite wing spot to have lunch and watch the Brave's game, where I had this yummy twist to a strawberry daiquiri. It was beautiful outside, I couldn't resist.


Once the game ended, we decided we weren't quite ready to go home yet, so we walked around downtown a while, then headed over to North Campus. I gave B a little tour, because as long as he's lived in Athens, he has never really paid attention to the beauty and history that is all over campus. (He goes to a private university, so I can't really blame him I guess...)



You never know what hidden little spots of beauty you'll find around campus.

Sunday night, we watched the ACM Awards...so much eye candy. And can we please take a moment to remember how freaking adorable Luke Bryan was at the end when he won Entertainer of the Year?! It all got me so much more excited for this weekend!

Let's also take a moment to go 'ahhhh' over the absolutely stunning dress that Nancy O'Dell wore when she presented an award on the show. I die.


And now here we are at super exciting Monday. Yay. 

Actually, in all honesty, Monday's aren't that bad. I go into the office on Monday, so it's the only day of the week that I really have to get up and put on nice clothes and all of that fun stuff (which I do look forward to now because my reasons for putting on 'real' clothes are few and far between..ha.) There's actually not a dress code of any kind at my office. I could wear yoga pants, norts, whatever, and no one would say a word. But just to make myself feel like some sort of grownup, I don't.

Except this Monday, I drove all the way to work, and my boss wasn't there. And I couldn't get in touch with him. So I drove alllll the way back home (I don't have a key, and it's just us there on Monday). When I finally talked to him, he realized he forgot to tell me he had a meeting, and wouldn't be in till later. 

However, hopefully the second half of this week will be AMAZING...I've been counting down the days for awhile now.

Tuesday night I'm going to Sweetwater Brewery in Atlanta to work an event...even though I'm working, I'm excited to go because I've never been.

Then my weekend starts! Yes, Tuesday night. I am heading back to Athens after working to spend five long days there with B, and I can't wait. 

So we will hopefully have lots more down time this week to spend together...and then......

SATURDAY.

Guess what Saturday is?!

Saturday is...Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan in Sanford Stadium.

I am so excited. Like little kid at Christmas trying to stay awake and listen for the reindeer on the roof so I can catch Santa in the living room, but passing out early only to wake up at 5:30am to a mound of presents excited.

In case you didn't know already, I am Luke Bryan's wife stalker number one fan. Ladies, he is fine.



Mmmmm....

I will leave you with that bit of yumminess on this beautiful Monday! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment