Apr 22, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans, and other randomness...

Yay for another boring weekend with not too many shenanigans! HA

I feel like I say that pretty much every Monday morning. Is it getting old yet?! My bad. It's true though, which is really sad.


This weekend B was super busy with school stuff...it's almost the end of the semester, so I think we all know how that goes.

So, I stayed home and hung out with the fam for most of the weekend (which explains the whole pretty-much-no-shenanigans thing.)

The one fun thing...my little bro had his senior prom Friday night! I didn't get to see him off the past two years because I was living in Athens, so it was fun for me to be able to go.



The pictures the girls in the middle are holding are of one of their best friends that they all grew up with...he passed away when they were in middle school from leukemia. But they have all done a great job of still including his memory and his family in everything they do.



They had a huge group go together...this isn't even all of them! Seeing everyone's pretty dresses and hair is so much fun now that I never have any reason to do that!



There group was so big they took a coach/tour bus looking gigantic thing. I mean, what happened to just normal limos?! And yes, this thing had a stripper pole...


The prom was in the Grand Ballroom at the Georgia Aquarium...isn't this the cutest little picture ever with the beluga whales?! And please notice my brother's caption for the picture...he is quite the little comedian.

So, that's pretty much it for the excitement from this weekend. Saturday I worked an event at the Mall of Georgia, which is so not close to my house (unfortunately for me, fortunate for my bank account...)

While we're talking about how far away that was, let's take a minute to talk about Atlanta traffic. If you're from here or live here, you know. It is the devil. And as if the regular, every day traffic wasn't enough, I run into random things constantly that just aren't normal. Twice in the past 3 days, the interstate I needed to be on was completely closed. What is that?!

So Saturday I was supposed to be at the Mall of Georgia at about 11:30. I left in plenty of time to make that happen. I had 2 choices of how to go - the perimeter around Atlanta (285) or straight through Atlanta (the connector/75/85). I decided to go the connector because no one said anything about it being messy on the radio, and for pretty  much the past year there has been road work on 285 every weekend. So I head through Atlanta, and guess what?! Someone called in a suspicious package, and 85 was SHUT DOWN. So of course, everyone and their brother was trying to get on 400, the only other option, and guess what now?! They were doing construction there, too, so it was only 1 lane for a few miles. It sucked. Needless to say, I was not on time for that...

Fast forward to this morning. Obviously, I expect Monday mornings to suck. But I am lucky enough to not have to be in the office until 10am, which means I usually have a pretty easy ride to work. But not today. Today, a car was on fire (I have no idea if there was someone inside or if everyone was ok...I can only hope and pray that no one was seriously injured. I know my complaining about traffic seems insignificant in comparison) and my entire side of 285 was shut down. There was well over an hour worth of delays to go about 10-15 miles, and over 10 miles of bumper to bumper traffic sitting at a dead stop on the interstate for most of the morning. So I headed towards my alternate route, the connector. And it was backed up onto I20, with lots and lots of traffic and delays, too! So, I wound up having to drive all the way through Atlanta on I20 and up 285 on the complete other side to get to 85 and Norcross. It was a long morning...

To sum it all up...don't ever try to go anywhere on time with me. It just doesn't happen.

And while we're on a depressing note...can we please all have a moment of silence for my missing May Designs planner? I am devastated. I feel lost, I have no idea what's going on in my life, and I have no clue where to be and when. It's not a good feeling.


And finally, the last little bit of all this randomness...and it's positive, too! I couldn't end it on a depressing note, especially not with all of the negativity and heartache of the last week. But today...I got a call back for a second interview!! My initial interview went really well last week, and I really like the company and environment, and I think it would be a great place to really start my career. So again, please keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer for me!!


4 comments:

  1. Love the pics. Looks like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They all looked beautiful I thought and had fun!

      Delete
  2. Prom at an aquarium? That is actually the most awesome thing I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's awesome! Neither of my proms were held anywhere remotely interesting :/

      Delete