May 2, 2013

Big news!!

So yesterday, pretty much the best thing ever happened.

I got a job offer.

Finally.

The past year has been full of ups and downs for me, which I know is just part of life. However, I feel like there were waaaay more downs than ups. 

But hopefully, this well help that trend swing to more ups and less downs!

I just realized today that next week will mark 2 years since I graduated from college. That is insane to me.

Right after I graduated, I started an internship that wound up lasting 8 months. So I didn't really start my job search in earnest until January of last year. I still had my part-time job from college, and I was living in Athens and everything was ok for awhile.

Then, my job started cutting hours as a way to help meet budget. Which meant all part-timers could work no more than 12 hours a week. Who can live on that?! 

All during that time, I was searching for a job, especially one that would allow me to stay there in Athens close to everyone, and everything, that I love. But for whatever reason, that wasn't meant to be. I couldn't find a job, and when my lease was up, I wound up moving home.

At no point in my life did I expect to be living at home at the age of 25. At no point did I expect to just be really beginning my career at the age of 25. And at no point did I expect to be dating a guy two years younger than me and still in school at 25.

But ya know what I've learned?


That when it comes to God's timing and plans, the only thing you should expect is the unexpected. Because it's not up to me. I have absolutely no clue as to why I had to spend the last year and a half searching for a job, living at home, and working jobs I hated.

I have no clue why He led me to this particular job, which is not at all what I expected, and is in a location I never in a million years planned to be.

But I do believe that one day down the road I will look back on these times and this job and I will get it. I will see the lessons I was supposed to have learned during the struggle of job hunting. I will realize the purpose of being at this job, and what it leads me to.

It's all going to come in His timing, and be revealed in His way, not mine. I just have to be patient, and trusting.

Right now though, more than anything, I am so, so thankful!




6 comments:

  1. congrats!! I struggle with realizing that his timing is what needs to be, but you'll look back and realize how perfect it all is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most definitely struggle with it, too! It's much easier to trust His timing when things are going your way!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, girl!!! The Lord is so good! :-)

    ReplyDelete